CAL-ALHFA was established in 1989 to represent local housing professionals and agencies in the California State legislature and State housing programs. We also work on housing issues at the federal level. CAL-ALHFA is a non-profit organization with a broad based membership including public and private agencies which develop, finance, and administer programs to create affordable housing in California.
Members of both organizations benefit from the following member services:
- Housing Package of 2017. Local agency input into the planning and implementation of this multi-billion dollar affordable housing package.
- Legislative Advocacy. Sponsoring, supporting (or opposing), and tracking housing legislation including bond financing, program development and administration, relocation, redevelopment, and land use law.
- On-Going Program Advocacy. Tracking program developments in CalHFA, HCD, Tax Credit Program, and Debt Limit Allocation Program. Assisting in the development of program policies and procedures. Member of numerous task forces and special advisory groups.
- Education. Sponsoring conferences and workshops as needed to provide information on new developments in the field of affordable housing. Major Conference – CAL-ALHFA Annual Conference and Symposium. 2018 Conference October 31 – November 1, Sacramento Holiday Inn – LET’S DO IT!
- Newsletters and Legislative Alerts. Preparing and distributing quarterly newsletter and as-needed legislative alerts to inform members of current activities.
- Individual Member Services. Providing advocacy and advice on district or agency matters as requested.
- Professional Networking. Providing a forum for industry leaders to share ideas, information, and expertise with their colleagues.