Thank you to our sponsors
CAL-ALHFA was established in 1989 to represent local housing professionals and agencies in the California State legislature and State housing programs. We also work on housing issues at the federal level. CAL-ALHFA is a non-profit organization with a broad based membership including public and private agencies which develop, finance, and administer programs to create affordable housing in California.
Members of CAL-ALHFA benefit from the following member services:
- Passage of Proposition 1 and 2. These big bond measures are the foundation of work to be done in 2019, in which the Governor plans to add up to $2.35 billions to affordable housing efforts. (See “Marshall Plan” details).
- Legislative Advocacy. Sponsoring, supporting (or opposing), and tracking housing legislation including bond financing, program development and administration, relocation, redevelopment, and land use law.
- On-Going Program Advocacy. Tracking program developments in CalHFA, HCD, Tax Credit Program, and Debt Limit Allocation Program. Assisting in the development of program policies and procedures. Member of numerous task forces and special advisory groups.
- Education. Sponsoring conferences and workshops as needed to provide information on new developments in the field of affordable housing. Major Conference – CAL-ALHFA Annual Conference and Symposium November 13 – 14, 2019.
- Newsletters and Legislative Alerts. Preparing and distributing quarterly newsletter and as-needed legislative alerts to inform members of current activities.
- Individual Member Services. Providing advocacy and advice on district or agency matters as requested.
- Professional Networking. Providing a forum for industry leaders to share ideas, information, and expertise with their colleagues.