2018 WILL BE A HUGE YEAR IN DEVELOPING AFFORDABLE HOUSING!!!! DO YOUR PART BY JOINING CAL-ALHFA TODAY!!!
Last year, after years of trying, the California State Legislature passed the Housing Package of 2017 – a comprehensive set of bills and initiatives that will increase the supply of affordable housing by increasing funding sources and streamlining local development processes.
The California Association of Local Housing Finance Agencies (CAL-ALHFA) was involved every step of the way – particularly in making sure that resources developed by SB2 be allocated on a 70% local – 30% basis!
Now comes the tough part. It’s time to implement these programs in a way that will maximize affordable housing development and assure that local housing finance agencies play a major role in that development.
BY JOINING CAL-ALHFA TODAY YOU WILL BE:
1. Guaranteeing that local interests and policies will be incorporated in final implementation of the Housing Package of 2017.
2. Assisting in the drafting of necessary clean-up and new legislation affecting affordable housing development.
3. Overseeing the activities of all statewide agencies involved in the development of affordable housing, including the State Department of Housing and Community Development, the Tax Credit Allocation Community, the California Debt Limit Allocation Committee, and other specialized programs like the Veterans’ Housing and Homeless Programs and the Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities Program.
4. Supporting an ad hoc committee to determine the feasibility of creating
new and better local redevelopment agencies
5. Giving local agencies their own distinct voice in the affordable housing development conversation.
BENEFITS OF CAL-ALHFA MEMBERSHIP:
If you work for a local agency (City or County planning department, housing development office, code enforcement, etc.) Housing Successor Agency, Public Housing Authority, Local Housing Trust or other public entity you will be joining the oldest housing association devoted to representing local interests from all reaches of the state in housing development in California.
If you are a developer, lender, investor, or consultant you will be associating with individuals with decision-making authority at the local level.